Passed ftce social science 6 to 12

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by kmoflorida, Jun 28, 2014.

1. kmoflorida

kmoflorida Rookie

Jun 28, 2014

Just wanted to update and say that I passed the test on my first try. Phew. I'm a certified teacher who has been taking time off with my kids. My certifications were about to lapse and I took this to finish up my requirements since I was basically out of time due to no fault but my own. I took this five years ago upon moving toflorida and this version was harder. Some things I thought were obscure and I remember the previous test having much more ww1 to present day us history than the newer version. I went through the study guide and answered questions using the internet ad then used both the REA and xam as supplemental. Studied for a week. It was definitely difficult and I noticed the maximum pass score has gone up by 5 percent. But, it's over and I'm happy to be done with it! Definitely will make sure to get all my continuing ed credits before my next cert period ends :)

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 28, 2014

Congratulations, kmoflorida!

As to the difference in emphases that you noticed, FTCE Social Science 6 to 12 almost certainly exists in more than one edition that's in use right now - so, had you had to take the test again, you could expect to see a different edition that differs a bit from the one you took in what it emphasizes.

4. RisyFLA

RisyFLA Rookie

Jun 29, 2014

Woo Hoo!

Congratulations! Even better - you got your results right away instead of a long wait for PK-3.

Enjoy!!

5. Football fan

Football fan Rookie

Jul 13, 2014

Congrats!!!!

6. pocketpoodlepal

pocketpoodlepal New Member

Feb 14, 2015

Can you please please please tell me exactly what you used as a study guide? I have purchased the FTCE study guide, but did not pass the exam because none of the questions were the same. I am really desperate to find an effective guide so that I can do well on this exam. Please help.

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 14, 2015

Hugs, pocketpoodlepal. What's your background in social science?

8. qualdy

qualdy New Member

Mar 23, 2015

Congrats! I am scheduled to take the exam in about two weeks and I am worried/nervous. My undergrad is in political science/american government (2006 grad) so the history (especially world) is my biggest concern. I am using the XAM study guided and some general history books. Did you have alot of prehistoric culture/society questions (if you recall)? :unsure:

I normally test well and I am trying to study about 4-5 hours a day, hopefully all will go well. Passed GKT on the first try so fingers crossed for this test. Any additional advice? Thanks and congrats again!