Party Ideas - Themes

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Newto3rd, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jun 3, 2009

Just curious of party ideas or themes from everyone. I usually do the same things each year, but I'm getting my same kiddos again, so I want to change it up. Here's my normal routine:

Halloween or Harvest Celebration - the students bring in trail mix items and we make individual batches of trail mix

Christmas - everyone brings a book and we do a book exchange for over-the-break reading and everyone brings snacks

Valentine's - they decorate treat bags and fill with candy and cards they bring

Easter - they decorate cookies, donuts, or cupcakes

End of year - Our "POP" party is where we have lots of stuff with "pop" in the name such as Poptarts, Pop rocks, "pop" to drink, and popsicles.

By the way - we are only allowed to have 2 parties a year. I only claim to have the Christmas and end-of-year. The others are on the down low!:p

3. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jun 3, 2009

Valentine's Day we make robots to put the valentines in. They use either 2 or 3 boxes, I suggest that they make the robots look like them. They love it, I even have had parents help make them and they have them where they have robotic controls.

I have more ideas, but no more time.

4. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jun 3, 2009

Great idea Hoot! When you have more time, I'd like to hear them!