Parent volunteer gift

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Peachyness, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 8, 2006

I would like to give a gift to my parent volunteers. What kind of gifts do you give them?
    Also, I found a kindergarten website where the teacher took a picture of her class holding a letter saying something like thank you. Of course, I can't find it when I need it. If you happen to know what website I'm talking about, that would be great.
    :thanks:

3. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Dec 8, 2006

I think that's my site you're looking for with the "Thank you" picture. I recently added a page to my site with ideas for volunteer thank you gifts; here's the link that includes the "Thank You" picture you mentioned: Volunteer Gifts
    hth

4. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Dec 8, 2006

A plant, flowers, link for her charm bracklet ---if she has one,

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 9, 2006

Ah yes, that's the one! Thank you!! I think for this year, I'll just do your picture idea. Maybe next year, with more funds, I get other gifts like flowers or whatever. Thank you! :D

6. SueHue

SueHue Comrade

Dec 12, 2006

Last year, we had a banquet lunch for volunteers. We took a picture of the children, printed it as an 8x10 at Walmart, then glued it on colorful paper (some classes used the large construction paper and decorated the page with Clip Art). On the back, each child wrote his/her name. We laminated them and used them as both namecards so the parents knew where to sit as well as placemats. It was cute! It was a tropical themed Christmas party, so everything was floral and Hawaiian like! The students even dressed in Hawaiian shirts for the picture.

I saw another teacher who had her students draw pictures of themselves and write their own names on small square pieces of paper, I would guess 4x4. She placed them as a border on a large piece of copy paper (11x17?) and photocopied it. She used these as the cover to a keepsake scrapbook that she gave out at Open House. You could use it as a handmade, really really cute, border for the thank you picture.

7. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 12, 2006

THose are very cute ideas! I like the banquet idea. Did you do that with the whole school, all of the volunteers together, or what it just in one class?

8. SueHue

SueHue Comrade

Dec 12, 2006

It was a whole school event. However, the younger grades had the most attendees. In the upper grades, they mostly invited the parents who chaperoned their field trips!