Parent Situation: Advice Needed

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ms.Holyoke, May 6, 2019.

1. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

May 9, 2019

I do have a different "form" of a test w/ different numbers but I can change up some of the questions.

2. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

May 9, 2019

I would change a lot more than some. I would change the format, making some of the multiple choice questions short answer, changing the number of questions, etc. Not to be punitive, although I'd like to be, lol, but for a sense of fairness. Regardless if she cheated or not, she has already seen all of the questions. How is that fair to the students that were honest from the start?

3. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

May 10, 2019

Apparently the daughter says I call administration when kids sharpen their pencils in my class and sneeze too loudly. Completely ridiculous.

4. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

May 11, 2019

You can't expect honesty in comments like that from a student that is cheating on a test. They need to discredit you to take the heat off of themselves. Hope it is working out.

5. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

May 11, 2019

The thing is that I have had tons of management issues in this class. I have four students that are really difficult to handle. Behaviors include yelling + throwing things. I was told to call admin if the student is throwing things again, which is what I have had to do. i have also been told to call the social worker if another student is acting out. The last time I had to call, a student had thrown 2 objects around the room and sprayed another kid with a water bottle. I have never called because a kid was out of their seat or sharpening their pencil.

The mom kept asking whether the students were allowed to talk during classwork, which is a yes, but only to their group. Her daughter likes to talk to a student outside of their group and wasn’t getting work done. In the meeting, the student said that she was trying to help them with the math (not true).

6. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

May 13, 2019

Isn't it sad we have to teach in this type of environment? It saddens me that our kids have to live through this and that there are no true consequences for behaviors anymore!

7. westernira

westernira New Member

May 16, 2019

You are right joyful. We can't trust but ultimately we didn't have any option.