Parent Orientation

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by teacher36, Aug 4, 2011.

1. teacher36

teacher36 Comrade

Aug 4, 2011

I have parents only coming in the day before school for a short orientation. I would like for them to do something that they can leave for their child as a surprise the next day (the children's first day of school).

I don't want them to write something because then that would mean I have to READ all of them to the children. Should they just draw them a picture? Any ideas??? Thanks!

3. Kindtchr

Kindtchr Comrade

Aug 8, 2011

I like your great idea. You could have the parents decorate a cardboard picture frames with markers, stickers, etc. You (or your assistant) could take photos of the parents to print and put inside the frames.

4. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Aug 8, 2011

IS the orientation madatory? I think this is a really good idea and very sweet however I would be concerned about the students whos parents did not show up. Then they are sitting there with nothing! If you do go forth with this idea be prepared to do something yourself for the students whoes parents don't show.

5. teacher36

teacher36 Comrade

Aug 9, 2011

Love the picture frame idea!! Very cute.

Yes, it is a mandatory orientation. But I will definitely have something done in case someone does not show up.

Thanks for the ideas!

6. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Aug 9, 2011

What about their name tag for their desk or a placemat of some sort that you can laminate and they can keep on their desk all year long! That would be very sweet.