Parent Complaint/Meeting

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by pabef, Mar 13, 2016.

1. pabef

pabef Comrade

Mar 13, 2016

I have a parent who has complained to the director about some things her daughter has come home and said. First off, this student is well behaved, well mannered and the only issue I have had with her was talking at nap at the beginning of the year. The parents were very supportive and we moved on quickly. Now she naps or lays quietly. The only other issue I have had was with the parents bringing her in late. She was missing center time and circle time which upset her. They basically used us as a day care. I spoke to the mom about this and she has been on time ever since. The dad talked to my director and said that their daughter came home and said we had a birthday party in my class with cupcakes and she was the only child who did not get one due to no nap. Not true. We hadn't even had any birthdays that month or cupcakes. The next week he said she told he and her mom that o said we did not go to weekly chapel because my kids are bad. Again not true. We rescheduled due to the preacher having a meeting. Also anyone who knows me knows I don't like the word bad when referring to children. The mom is always so nice when talking to me or the director. I believe the Dad has the problem. They didn't want to meet and told the director, they where just hanging on till school was out and hoping to get as far away from us as possible. The little girl loves school. She is like any kid; she wants to stay home some days. They have finally agreed to meet this week. Any suggestions? I am in defence mode.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  3. Floria

Floria Rookie

Apr 23, 2016

Well did you ask the kid about lies? Why she told it if it wasn't true. What was in her mind? Ask her politely and friendly and maybe you get some clue of where to start.