Parent Area Ideas

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by childcare teach, Mar 14, 2010.

1. childcare teach

childcare teach Comrade

Mar 14, 2010

I am a new director at a small center .I am looking for Ideas for my parent area. I have free samples and articles that I am putting in there .I have fresh fruit and sometimes put fresh flowers in the area. I would like ideas for other things to put in there. I also have a parent board in there to .:thanks:

3. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Mar 14, 2010

Parents enjoy seeing pictures of their children. Some schools have 3 ring binders with digital pictures of the kids doing things, and then either the children's words or the teacher explanation of what they were doing and learning.

Parent resources - parenting books they can check out.

Examples of children's art.

Family pictures.

A bio board for the teachers to post their pictures and a little about themselves so parents get more comfortable with them.

Comfortable seating.

Your goals, philosophy, etc.

4. childcare teach

childcare teach Comrade

Mar 14, 2010

I thought I would also put up any awards that the center or teachers in the center get. I like the idea if the bio board.

5. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Mar 14, 2010

These ideas are very much what I have in my parent area. We also have some of the health dept and other agencies packets that they wish the parents would take. Make sure you have cuddle space on your seats for their little people to grab a quick hug and some books to read during transition. I don't have fruit though....interesting.