PARCC Resource Thread

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissNikki, Dec 27, 2014.

1. MissNikki

MissNikki Comrade

Dec 27, 2014

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can share ideas and resources for the upcoming PARCC test. It actually surprised that there isn't more discussion about it already.

How are you getting your students prepared for the test? What resources have you discovered and can share?

I can start by sharing edcite.com. It gives your students practice in the Core and has a lot of activities already made. You can also create your own. I'm hoping to use this when we return from break along with the practice trusts on PARCC's site.

3. dbelmo

dbelmo Rookie

Dec 27, 2014

Thank you for sharing this site... I already created an account and my classes.

I have a few questions about creating an assignment...
    1. Regarding the assignments that are already created... do teachers type in the passages or is there a "bank" of passages to select from?
    2. Can we type in our own passages? and give credit where they came from?

Thank you,
    dbelmo

4. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Dec 27, 2014

Because mostly.....

[​IMG]

:lol:

I struggled with the test as a person with 3 college degrees. There's absolutely no way my kids are going to reach proficient (Whatever that means on PARCC) this first round. Field tests sound like a $hit show, and I take comfort in all participating states going down together. My district doesn't even have a proper schedule or idea about how this is going to be implemented without actual computers. It's the blind leading the blind!

I was for a while trying to create parallel quizzes in the style of PARCC. I just went through and found some common question styles. If anybody wants those, PM me. I'm not doing any other prep besides maybe teaching them how to type. :)eek:)

5. MissNikki

MissNikki Comrade

Dec 27, 2014

I get that. Trust me. I really get it. However, I'm trying to give my kids the best shot at doing well. Also, it's a part of my annual eval. I am going to do the best I can.

6. MissNikki

MissNikki Comrade

Dec 27, 2014

I believe they are teacher created. We can create our own.