Paper management

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by dizzykates, Jul 29, 2007.

1. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jul 29, 2007

Ok, I just posted regarding gradebook and parent communication, but now I want to run my idea for managing actual student work by you. I want this to work, so I need honest constructive feedback and I know you are all GREAT at that, so thanks in advance.

In each classroom I will have a box that holds the student's folders.
    *Folders will contain ALL student work.
    *four pieces will be graded each term (I figure I only see the kids 8 times total)
    - Grading is based on understanding, improvement, and completion
    *folders are kept in the teachers room and I will collect them bi-weekly to grade the assignments
    *attendance can be tracked in the folder, absent students will obviously not pick up their folder at the beginning of class
    *make up assignments can be clipped to the front of the folder to be completed, signed, and return in the folder
    *grades can be tracked in the folder

EXAMPLE of grade tracker in folder - I am thinking this will be good for conferences. I will have my plans written out in advance and print up a sheet like this that include the description of the projects I intend to grade.

NAME
    DAY 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Attendance

Assignment #1
    description
    grade

Assignment #2
    description
    grade

Assignment #3
    description
    grade

Assignment #4
    description
    grade

This is for grades K-3...what do you think?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  3. Research_Parent

Research_Parent Cohort

Jul 29, 2007

The only thing I would comment on is stamps for tracking all the papers...i.e. While you were away...(for absences, so you know)...A late bloomer...(for those late papers)

I would also assign stamps (or stamp colors) to different grades to show the paper/project was graded by me. Since the grades and folders will be maintained in the classroom, you will want to set-up the grading to avoid any tempting grade changes.

4. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jul 29, 2007

I will be keeping a master copy of grades in my personal gradebook and we have to post grades online several times a week. I mostly want them in the folder to ease the craziness that could ensue during conferences. I really like the stamp idea though, it would help me know what was on time vs. late. Thanks!