Packing Mid-Year=No Fun

Discussion in 'General Education' started by KinderCowgirl, Nov 12, 2011.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Nov 12, 2011

We are lucky enough to finally have a new school. Ours is over 80 years old, we are bursting at the seams-there's a Pre-K class in a room that used to be an office. The air doesn't work well-and we have to completely switch the system over for heat. So if it's chilly one morning and then 90 the next day (which has been happening a lot here)-we have no air. There are leaks in that system everywhere-it's not uncommon to see buckets in the hallway. The setup is not technology friendly at all. It's very exciting that we will have a state-of-the-art facility after Thanksgiving.

The downside is packing again! :( I feel like I just unpacked not too long ago. I went in a couple of hours today. It's just hard because we still have a week and 1/2 of instruction but they are going to move everything by the end of the week(not furniture, but reading program, all our boxed up stuff, etc.)-so we'll have to improvise a bit. I have a friend that says a great teacher could teach on a deserted island with no supplies-we might just have to test that theory! ;)

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Nov 12, 2011

How exciting about the new school, but definitely not the best time to move. At least you have something great to look forward to.

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 12, 2011

One of our elementary schools is moving over Christmas break. We moved to our new building at the end of the school year, so as I used things, I'd pack them up and move them a little at a time. It wasn't bad that way. I can't imagine moving mid-year.

5. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Nov 12, 2011

Moving mid-year has to be stressful! Do you have some friends and family to help you?

I moved to a new school twice and my advice would be to super organize everything! Make a master list and number your boxes 1 out of the total like 1 out of 76 so there is a less likely chance of your boxes disappearing. If you haven't been assigned a color to label your boxes with, make labels out of brightly colored paper with your information in a large font.

The new school will be worth the move, but it's going to be a pain until you are moved in and unpacked!

6. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Nov 12, 2011

yucky Kinder :(

teacherintexas has great ideas for making the move more organized. Hope you have lots of help.

7. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Nov 12, 2011

That is tough! On top of everything, this is the time of year when the kids get a little crazy too and you need all of your tricks to keep them on their toes!.