PA Teacher Salary?

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by blondierox4u, Jan 17, 2007.

1. blondierox4u

blondierox4u Rookie

Jan 17, 2007

I am currently in my first year of teaching and I am truly blessed to even have a job, but next year I want to teach somewhere where my drive isn't an hour long. I spend so much money on gas and so much time driving its crazy. I'm barely making ends meet with all my loan payments, insurance etc. I am currently making 32,000 teaching special education. I want to find a district that will help me in some significant way with paying for my masters and somewhere where I can drive 15-30 min and be there. I am willing to relocate because my fiance will be graduating in May with Physical Therapy degree so we want to move in together. I guess what I'm asking is........what is the best salary in PA...and any advice on what districts give the best offer for masters programs??? I want to start sending out applications by end of Feb so I need an idea....any advice would be great:eek:

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jan 17, 2007

Maybe you can find it online by looking up PA schools or something to that effect.

4. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Jan 17, 2007

Two districts I have knowledge of here in central PA close to Harrisburg (a couple miles apart) - one has a starting salary of slightly over 40,000 and the other starts at 32,000.

5. mrs.teacher5

mrs.teacher5 Companion

Jan 18, 2007

Bucks County pays very well, but it is very hard to get a job in this county. Look into Council Rock. I hear that they start in the low 40s.