PA Standard Teaching Application

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by westopherj, Jul 17, 2007.

1. westopherj

westopherj Rookie

Jul 17, 2007

Greetings everyone! I discovered much to my dismay that the PA standard teaching application asks for your high school GPA. I'm very proud of my 4.0 (so far) college GPA, but unfortunately I cannot say the same for my unspeakably awful (in the 1's) high school GPA I earned in '99.

Can anyone tell me how much weight an applicant's high school gpa holds in regards to getting an interview? Any comments will be greatly appreciated!

3. westopherj

westopherj Rookie

Jul 17, 2007

Also, how might I go about finding out my official high school GPA?

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2007

I can't imagine that it would matter. If questioned, you can say you were one of those kids who took a bit longer to grow up.

Guesstimate. Don't pad it, but don't worry about precision. If possible, assign it a letter grade to be safe.

5. westopherj

westopherj Rookie

Jul 17, 2007

Thanks for your advice. I've heard that schools aren't too particular about high school gpas. I just cringe every time I think about having to type it on the app! Any other advice is more than welcome!

6. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Jul 17, 2007

Because I was so sick my junior year, I was going to fail. My mom and I decided to get my GED and start college instead of finishing high school. I started college when I should have been a senior and earned a 4.0. I now work for an excellent district outside of Philly that people are killing to get into.
    My point is that they didn't care that I did not even finish high school, they looked at my college transcripts which like yours were outstanding!
    I would not worry about it at all!!