Ovation Cell Therapy for Hair

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 5, 2009

Has anyone tried this? Their hair products are supposed to make hair thicker, longer, & stronger. Now, I don't have thinning hair myself & my hair's at my waist already, but who doesn't want thicker hair?

I hear about it all the time on the radio & I'm thinking of possibly trying it this summer.

http://ovationhair.com/

3. NewGirl23

NewGirl23 Rookie

Jun 5, 2009

Hey....sounds interesting but I have to answer your question about who doesn't want thicker hair....ME!!! I have THICK curly hair. My poor hairdresser says that I have hair thick enough for 3 or 4 heads LoL.....but I do know that there is a big need for this out there!

4. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jun 5, 2009

I have long hair and it is very thick. I like it, don't get me wrong, but it is very hot. I don't wear my hair up at school because it would reveal a tattoo and I nearly smother in the spring.

But, cool product if it works!

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 6, 2009

No one else has heard of this?

6. Kase

Kase Companion

Jun 6, 2009

I've heard of it. I hear it advertised all the time on 93.3. I told my mom I wanted to try it. HEHE

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 24, 2010

So...has anyone tried this yet & what do you think?

8. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jul 24, 2010

I do have thinning hair....so much that it's really bothering me.
    I am currently trying the Biotin shampoo and scalp therapy. I don't notice too much of a difference though....

Ovation is next depending on what I find out with a little more research.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 17, 2012

I finally bought it the last time I had my county fair this past yr. They had a vendor booth. It was about $80 total. There's 3 bottles: Shampoo, conditining rinse, & moisterizer I believe. After just one wash w/ the shampoo & conditioner, I like how my hair looks. We'll see how it is after a # of weeks.

10. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jan 17, 2012

Did you get the advanced formula? It looks like the original one was really harsh on the skin and has several potentially toxic chemicals in it. The new formula doesn't look as bad. It says it lasts 3 months for $80. I do not spend more than $60 for 3 months of shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, gel, and hair mask, and I use all LUSH products. This stuff would have to make my hair look really amazing for me to spend that kind of money on it. I had never heard of it before this thread, but it sounds like some of those other hair products on TV like Wen or whatever that always seem like a gimmick to me.

11. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jan 17, 2012

I had super thick hair until my 20's. I did NOT want hair any thicker. It was too thick for one pony tail, and it was too thick for most barrettes. Plus, it was stick straight and smooth, so it wouldn't hold things like combs.

Now I wish I had my super thick hair back. When it left, it really left. Unfortunately, I'm way past the shampoo/conditioner kind of fix.

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 17, 2012

Way to revive a thread, Ms I!:lol:

13. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jan 17, 2012

Years later, I still have never heard of this stuff.

14. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 18, 2012

Me neither. Of course, with my short, choppy hair cut, I don't need much in the way of hair care--wash and wear, that's me!

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 18, 2012

Uh oh. My bottles don't say "advanced" on it that I can tell.

16. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jan 18, 2012

A lot of people had problems with the original formula. If you have sensitive skin at all, you may want to look closely at the ingredient list. It looks like the product has Sodium Laurel Sulfate, an irritant, and several other known carcinogens, even in the new formula.

17. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jan 18, 2012

There was a lot of stuff circulating about sodium laurel sulfate years ago. I hadn't heard anything in a long time. Might want to read this.

18. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jan 18, 2012

After taking a toxicity in the environment class at the university when I was still a student years ago, I was so freaked out that I threw away all of my shampoos, body washes, makeup, etc. To this day I still use only Berts Bees products. For makeup I use this organic, all natural product.

Better safe than sorry. :)

19. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jan 19, 2012

I know SLS doesn't cause cancer. I said it is an irritant. That means it irritates the skin, especially if not rinsed off completely. Some of the other chemicals (not SLS) seem to be carcinogens, or at least on the watch list. SLS should be fine if it is rinsed completely off of the skin, and used in a small amount. I know it's in almost everything, but when something is being marketed as being super concentrated I'd be worried about the amounts of the chemicals in it.

20. snapples

snapples Rookie

Jan 20, 2012

My bf had cancer when he was younger and I remember the ad saying that it can work for people who had chemo, so he was thinking about looking into this. I'll be interested to hear how it works!