Outlets for Veteran Educators and/or Directors?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by HelloNORY, Oct 29, 2019.

1. HelloNORY

HelloNORY New Member

Oct 29, 2019

Hi everyone,
    Please allow a random question! What do teachers, school admins & leaders usually do during the summer?
    If you/they work (seasonal work like like summer camp director), where do you find such summer jobs?

3. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Oct 29, 2019

I'm a teacher, and I sometimes tutor during the summer. I also participate in curriculum writing or PD through my district.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Oct 29, 2019

I do all of the tasks I don’t have time or energy to do during the school year.

bella84 likes this.
  5. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Oct 30, 2019

When I was teaching I only attended the required PD during the summer. Other than that, I relaxed and tried not to brood over the beginning of the next school year. :(

Tired Teacher likes this.
  6. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Oct 30, 2019

I don’t work in the summer, but if I did it would most likely be something I heard about through my school. We have our district office send out job announcements and sometimes have flyers posted in the break room.

7. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Cohort

Nov 3, 2019

I used to end up in central office jobs doing things like rewriting curriculum, grade level expectations, promotion criteria ( lol That was a long time ago!), making gifted and talented
    plans, and a couple of yrs I taught special interest sessions to gifted kids. 1 yr, I taught regular summer school. That was in a district that provided all of our continuing ed for recertification. They also kept track of it all, paid for it, and submitted it for us.
    Then I moved and OMGoodness! This state does none of that! When needed I go all OCD on computer based college credits for recertification. I have an MA +, but you still have to submit new college courses, pay for them, and pay for your recertification here. If it is not 1 of those yrs, I enjoy the summer to the fullest, relax, vacation, have guests, forget the yr before and don't think of the yr to come. More than anything, I think I just enjoy the rest.