Outdoor Play - Identifying Clothing?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Melinda, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Melinda

Melinda New Member

Sep 25, 2017

I work at a city head start program and as such we take the children off school property and to neighboring parks quite often. Currently, we have yellow reflective bands the kids wear around their ankle to identify they belong to us (it has a label with our school name and address on it). The labels, unfortunately, seem to be ironed on and are now falling off so we need a new system.

I was wondering if anyone uses something different and where did you get them?
    I have seen vests, shirts etc but cannot locate them online.

3. rpan

rpan Cohort

Sep 26, 2017

How about neon coloured caps? Since they are outdoors, they might as well get additional sun protection. They are bright and hard to miss. Or high visibility vests, although I'm not sure they make those in a size as small for preschoolers.

Zelda~* likes this.
  4. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Sep 27, 2017

They do make high visibility vests for kids. I've seen Head Start centers use them around my area. They have the center name and phone number on the back. They're pretty awesome, really.

5. Melinda

Melinda New Member

Sep 27, 2017

are you guys referring to the orange construction vests?
    I definitely have seen those and do think that is an option.

I remember as a child we also wore vests at my daycare but it was more like an apron, it was cloth, went overhead and tied on the sides.
    Anyone familiar with these type of vests? I can't seem to find anything like it online no matter what phrasing I use in my google search.

6. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Sep 27, 2017

Yes. :) They are bright orange with reflective strips.

7. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Apr 8, 2018

T-shirts are easy for warm weather. You can get them by the dozen at arts and craft stores. Usually print shops will offer a discount to teachers. Or get a parent to iron on the logos. Perfect parent participation/In-Kind activity!!

For cooler weather, I would go with simple name tags. Buy lanyards that can snap off so children won't choke. They are also perfect for field trips. Make them universal, with the school name. Less chance of strangers calling kids by name, and you don't have to keep making new ones for kids who lose theirs.