Our weather topic will take us to RAINBOWS!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by WaProvider, Feb 19, 2011.

1. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Feb 19, 2011

I think that our weather topic, which has been wonderful, will take us to rainbows next week!

We have been pulling cotton balls apart to make different clouds. Graphing and charting the weather of day, noticing how the trend is getting us closer and closer to spring. Discovering shoots of plants growing outside. Watching the birds return home and in general having a wonderful time!

I was waiting for the chilly early spring to let up just a bit so that we can bring color mixing outside to our table. No sense bringing it out if I was going to have to tell all the children that the water was too cold to touch, right? It is by no means warm, not at all, but I have noticed that the children have started coming in sweatshirts and have stopped bringing gloves. We have many jackets unzipped, and occasionally even take them off (*cheering*).

I love this lesson, with the eye droppers and colored water. The jars and the potions that will naturally follow. The wonderful shades of colors and the discussions of how to make the color.

The painting of rainbows in the classroom always brings cheer to the room that is wishing for the return of the holiday lights and bustle.

Hmmmm, off to think springy thoughts.....what are you doing this post Valentines' day season and what is up next. Our weather unit is trucking right along, as with most where I follow the children's enthusiasm. Thanks for bearing with me when we were switching themes. ;)

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 19, 2011

4. Pre-K Teacher 1

Pre-K Teacher 1 Comrade

Feb 19, 2011

5. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Feb 19, 2011

Oh, DizneeTeachr! I totally forgot about milk rainbow! See this is why I need you guys! I would not be able to stay one step ahead of my class without you!

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 19, 2011

Awe Shucks!!! I just remember that with our own lil ones... they loved it!!

7. amethysst

amethysst Rookie

Feb 23, 2011

One of my favorite activities during our Color Exploration Unit is Rainbow Toast...the kids love it and it makes a great snack!

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 23, 2011

On our way up to retreat in December, we saw a double rainbow. It was one rainbow right on top of the other-- the colors were just stacked.

It was awe inspiring!!!!