Ornament with pictures

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teacherbusybee, Dec 12, 2008.

1. teacherbusybee

teacherbusybee Rookie

Dec 12, 2008

I have a wallet size photo of each child in my class and want to make an ornament with it. They are really cute - each child is holding the gingerbread house they made and they have a Santa hat on. Any ideas on how I can use these pictures for an ornament? We already used 1 copy of the picture inside a gingerbread card to their parents. Any ornament ideas would be great. Thanks!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Dec 12, 2008

Use old (or bought at a garage sale) puzzle pieces to make a wreath shape. Paint them green and put the picture in the middle.

5. teacher143

teacher143 Rookie

Dec 12, 2008

I buy dollar plastic ornaments that open in half. I put in a picture and and add fake snow and snap them shut. It is easy and cute.

6. MollyT

MollyT Companion

Dec 20, 2008

I use styrofoam balls. Get the kids to cover them in pieces of christmas paper (glue on). Glue on the pic (or just their head if the balls are small). Can cover with spray varnish or get students to paint a few coats of PVA glue. Use thumb tac to glue on a string for hanging - or you can buy the little hangy things. Have done this a couple of years and the kids love them.

7. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Dec 20, 2008

Oriental trading company had gingerbread man ornaments that we used this year and put their photo on.

8. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Dec 20, 2008

My daughter made an ornament at youth group last year. They took her picture and printed it out on something like a transparency. Then they put it inside a glass ornament with some fake snow ish inside. It was really cute.

I don't know where they printed it out, but it was in color.