Organizing Reproducibles

Discussion in 'General Education' started by gutterballjen, May 31, 2011.

1. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

May 31, 2011

The first grade team at a school I sub at decided to donate a whole bunch if stuff to my first classroom. There are boxes and boxes of stuff, which is both awesome and incredibly daunting. I can figure out how to organize most of it, but I can't figure out how to organize reproducibles! In the box I just opened, I have a 3 1/2 in stack of masters from all over the place. So many great resources!

How do you organize your reproducibles? How do you keep from getting drowned in paper? Aah! :dizzy:

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 31, 2011

Binders by standard or scan them into your computer.

4. Miss.W

Miss.W Companion

May 31, 2011

I have binders for each subject area and then each binder has dividers with a specific skill. For example: my math binder has sections like fact families, skip counting, graphing, etc. I also have a literature binder that is sorted by book title. Every worksheet that is in my binder has been put into a sheet protector (yes costly and time consuming-but they hold up well). I find that this system works well for me as I can just match the skill with the corresponding section in the binder.

5. AsherDasher

AsherDasher Companion

May 31, 2011

I have been curious as to how materials like these are organized. This is one of the tasks that I have to do this summer with various pieces of paper that I have "collected" so far :) I like to idea with page protectors though...

6. Srohl

Srohl Rookie

May 31, 2011

Take a yellow highlighter and make a mark at the top of each page you decide to keep. The highlighter won't show up when you make copies. The yellow highlight tells you this is your original. That way you won't give away your original or keep 5 copies because you don't know if you have an original.

7. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

May 31, 2011

Start with making piles and use index cards to label it. Then once you've done enough sorting, the system you'll need to use that best matches how you think and what you have, will start to make more sense.

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 1, 2011

I used to keep both monthly and subject files. Anything related to a monthly theme or holiday went in my month's file which I kept in a desk drawer. It was a very full desk drawer and some months had to be split up into 3 files. Everything related to each month went in there - even small die-cuts and BB items.
    Also, back-to-school stuff.

Anything not in the monthly files went into the file cabinet by subject area. I had one whole drawer for math, one for LA, one just for book units.

I love to go through old materials and find the goodies. I just got done making some tutoring materials out of old books and leftover scrapbooking materials. Such fun. I still scour the thrift stores even though I don't have a classroom. Some of the old resources are my favorites.

9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2011

After years of subbing & collecting worksheets that were leftovers...hubby & I scanned everything.. I organized into folders... need to do some reconfiguring, but I love it!!!

10. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Jun 1, 2011

I used to have binders on top of binders. Then everything was backed up onto the computer. Now I'm in the process of scaning everything I don't have a computer copy of. I back everything up of course to an external hard drive.