Organizing Family Games

Discussion in 'P.E. Teachers' started by Will2011, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Will2011

Will2011 New Member

Oct 29, 2011

Hi All,

I live in Toronto (Canada) and now that the winter is coming, I'd like to organize some family games for parents and kids.

I truly believe that basic family games can improve the relationships between kids and their parents by taking them away from all the technological stuff that they've got at home.

However I don't have children yet so I don't really know what kids still like.

I'm looking for games that everybody knows but don't play so often by lack of time or just because it's always missing one person.

So I was thinking of Checkers, Monopoly, Pictionary... Something which can both entertain adults and kids.
    Do you think that it could be a good idea if well organized? Or have you got better ones with cards maybe?

Thanks in advance for your comments

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Oct 29, 2011

GREAT Idea.... like how they try to promote game night, especially when it gets darker earlier and it's cold out!!!
    UNO, Skip Bo, Phase 10 are some phone card games that even lil ones can play. Uno more for the K & 1st... Skip Bo is a card game with numbers you have a skip bo (wild card)all you do is count up and backwards from 12. Phase 10 would be for a little older because there are different Phases that you have to get through...not tough, but takes awhile.

4. Mr. Burton

Mr. Burton New Member

Nov 15, 2011

SkipBo, Phase 10, and UNO are great. Also try Apples to Apples, another card game. The board game SORRY is a great one too.

Good luck with your project. Nice to hear of somebody getting families together to do something besides watching TV.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Nov 15, 2011

Mastermind and Blockus

6. Gareth

Gareth Rookie

Nov 16, 2011

I can still remember playing 'Scattergories' as a child with my family, so I would recommend that one.

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 16, 2011

Gareth...you reminded me...Boggle was one of my faves.
    Memory is fun as well.