organizing envision math

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by jenn888, Aug 24, 2013.

1. jenn888

jenn888 Rookie

Aug 24, 2013

This is the first year my school adopted Envision Math. We have done Everyday Math for the past 5 years...which is the only math program that I have taught. The 1st and 2nd grade teachers at my school are having a problem on how to organize the daily topic pages. We hate the way they come packaged. We tried keeping them in binders by unit (only one topic at a time) but that didn't work. The kids have to take them out to write on them, and that takes too long, also the holes tear and they fall out. I thought about stapling topic 1 together and so on, but I feel like they may get destroyed moving in and out of desks daily. Do any of you use Envision? What do you do?

3. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 24, 2013

I feel your pain. Usually I pull out one topic at a time, and unused topics stay in the books. When I take that one topic out of the class set of books I send that batch home with a student so their parents can sort them by individual lessons. It makes it soooo much easier to just pass out the page we are working on for that day. Hope that helps :)

4. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Aug 24, 2013

Definitely get a parent volunteer if possible to help with those pages. Save yourself and students the frustration.