Organization of....

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by newbie0809, May 13, 2009.

1. newbie0809

newbie0809 Companion

May 13, 2009

Poetry. I have a HUGE collection of poetry from various sources, mainly the internet. How do yall store all of yours? For example do you print them all and store them in file folders? binders? What is your method?

Same thing for lesson ideas, centers, etc. This year was my first year of teaching but I have a collection of lesson ideas from student teaching, college, other teachers, etc. I would be so busy trying to teach the required curriculum and concepts that I would forget about other materials I could have used also. I would find myself going through all those things and thinking..I should've used that when teaching this.

3. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

May 13, 2009

I've started to put all my units or materials in binders. I have a poetry binder that has copies of each poem we use (they're the student copies for their binders - I have laminated large copies all made). I have it organized by season (using tabbed dividers), and put holiday or thematic materials in the appropriate season. I'm trying to organize my other materials in binders, too - I feel I don't miss materials I already have when they're in binders. And you might consider making a special section in each content area's binder for your "I Should've" materials .... stuff you should've used but didn't.