organization of homework/discovery packs

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by sevenplus, Mar 19, 2008.

1. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Mar 19, 2008

There is another thread on here about about homework backpacks. I was wondering how teachers who use them organize and manage them?

How do you store them? What is your checkout system like? How do you handle it when they are not returned or returned with missing items? Is participation optional or part of homework expectations? Do students choose their own? How do you keep up with who has had one.

When I started them a few years ago I just had 15 and had to rotate them so not every student got one every month.

I will have 39 or 40 of them next year. They are taking up a lot of space and I'm a little overwhelmed by the management of them. I need some ideas!

3. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Mar 19, 2008

replies in red below

4. kindernj123

kindernj123 Companion

Mar 21, 2008

Thanks, Vanna!

I also have numerous bags and have never really been able to come up with a system to effectively use them all! But, with so many (20+) children, how long does it take to get through the one bag and on to the next? How many bags/themes do you get through in an average year? I am thinking I would just let the LOTD choose any one and they just won't get to all the bags and that's ok.