organization books- MOOSE books

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by mmis, Aug 4, 2005.

1. mmis

mmis Companion

Aug 4, 2005

This year many of our 2nd grade teachers are going to use these MOOSE books to help our students be more organized. We are all trying to come up with a title that fits our room theme. My theme is Space. At this point, I've come up with-
    UFO book- Useful For Organization- my plan is to have the students draw an alien the first week of school and choose one of them to go on the cover of the book. I'd like your input. Do you think UFO is an ok title? Or, should I go with something like a STAR book or SPACE book? Does anyone have any suggestions for what each letter in STAR could stand for?

3. teacher62604

teacher62604 Companion

Aug 4, 2005

I was sorta thinking, "PLANET" book, but I don't know what it would stand for....hmmm...

[​IMG]

4. Teener

Teener Companion

Aug 4, 2005

"UFO" sounds good. "STAR" would work well also -- Students Taking Academic Responsibility or even "STARS" -- Students Taking Academic Responsibility Succeed

I would love to try using these books in my class but I have a few reservations about them. The biggest ones are storage space, time it takes to look through them all, and most importantly how to make sure the students all have the same materials/supplies for the notebooks.
    If anyone has any advice (especially about my last comment) please let me know.

5. mmis

mmis Companion

Aug 4, 2005

organization books

Thanks for the ideas using STAR and STARS!!
    My students already have the binders because they bought them last year- I'm looping to 2nd grade and this year I'm using the binders for this. The other 2nd grade teachers have asked their parents to buy the binder in addition to the regular school supplies. The other supplies- zipper pouch, dividers, & clear sleeves are all being bought out of our donation money the first week of school.

I have freed-up one shelf on a bookcase to hold the notebooks. I also don't plan on looking at every page everyday once I know the kids have a handle on putting things in the proper place. Our school uses an agenda book that will also go in the notebook. Since I sign this book daily, I'll be able to glance at the notebooks daily. The ones that look really unorganized hopefully I'll know and then be able to give those students a little more attention.