Oral fixation

Discussion in 'General Education' started by bina1357, Nov 8, 2008.

1. bina1357

bina1357 Companion

Nov 8, 2008

Hi everyone,

I have a student that has several different issues and was wondering if you had any advice for me. Mom and I have not been able to come up with very many.

Here are the issues I need help with:
    -has difficulty controlling himself-anger wise, vocally wise, sometimes cuss-word wise
    -does not stay organized (loses things on a constant basis, but here's the thing, they are mostly in his desk, he refuses to put forth the effort to look for them...case in point, he said he lost his spelling journal, I asked if he looked in his desk/backpack he said yes, I walked over, it was in his desk, i could see it from where I was standing!)
    -always chews on things whether it's pencil tops, pieces of plastic, anything that he can rip off & chew
    -obsessed with violence: guns, knives, always draws fighting scences, violent video games, etc.
    -he often does his own thing, drawing, reading, working on something other than what he should be working, when corrected he throws a big huff then rips up his paper

I have also just found out that he may have too much testosterone...he's maturing physically faster than the other boys.

Have you ever encountered this before? Any ideas?

Thank you so much!!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 9, 2008

Has mom had him checked by the pediatrician? She should share with the doctor the kinds of behaviors you are seeing in the classroom.