Oprah's Lifeclass

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by JustMe, Oct 14, 2011.

1. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Oct 14, 2011

Okay, I know we have some non-fans, but is anyone here participating in her online Lifeclass following her televised Lifeclass programs?

3. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Oct 15, 2011

I've been watching every night but I haven't participated online yet. How are you liking it? I'm really looking forward to Super Soul Sunday -- a three hour program with inspiration and spiritual programming.

4. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Oct 15, 2011

I've been watching, but not participating online.

5. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Oct 15, 2011

I am enjoying the shows. Last night seeing again the disbelief in Bernadette's eyes when she was told she was getting the rest of the day off work...it brought me incredible joy and reminded me how fortunate I am. The online classes are very nice as well. Besides one guest who I found incredibly annoying, they have shared a great deal of advice and wisdom. That crazy Iyanla is, as Oprah said during class last night, a quote a minute...lots of gems from that woman. :)

6. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Oct 15, 2011

Where does this come on? What is it about? I honestly haven't watched an Oprah show in about 10 years. I have nothing against her, I just never seem to be near a TV when her show is on. Now I'm not sure I even still get it.

7. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Oct 15, 2011

OWN is on 279 if you have DirectTV, but otherwise you can go to Oprah.com and there is a link where you can find the channel in your area.

The televised Lifeclass is simply Oprah reflecting on big moments during the show's run...moments that inspired a change in her thinking and so forth. The online class, or webcast, is live immediately after the shows air (well, this first week it was live each night, but from this point forward the live classes will be held Friday nights and cover the entire week's worth of shows and points). She has had a guest each night join her as they work through the topic with a studio audience, Facebook audience, and Skype friends. There is "homework" provided online for each class.

Topics this week:

The False Power of Ego
    Letting Go of Anger
    You Become What You Believe
    The Truth Will Set You Free
    Joy Rising

Every night has provided me at least a little nugget of something valuable. :)

8. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Oct 15, 2011

I've been enjoying them as well. :)