Opinions please!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Johari's Window, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Johari's Window

Johari's Window Companion

Aug 9, 2012

There is this position in my area that was posted June 13th. I sent my resume right before it was posted. I reached out to HR and asked about sc positions. She said none were avail. that she knew about. She then sent me another email telling of a split position between two schools. Thus the email. I haven't heard a peep. So, in July about the 20th or so, I decided to call the school. I was told the position was not filled yet and as far as she knew the P had done no interviews. She transferred me to his office because she thought he was there...no answer, so I left a voicemail. Nothing. That same week the posting was sent to an organization I belong to stating the position was open. It's August and still posted. Should I try again or would that be crazy. I dont want to stalk the P. To be fair, I knew one sc who was split and if I were a P. I'd want someone with more experience. It's two different schools, two diff. SES areas, and elem./middle. I do have an interview next week but it's rural and 45min. away. Should I try again or not? It's driving me crazy!

3. elateacher4life

elateacher4life Cohort

Aug 9, 2012

If possible, stop by to speak with the principal in person. Be persistent.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 10, 2012

I would try again! You never know what will happen and how quickly they may want to fill the job.

If it's at two schools, can you try contacting both principals?

5. Johari's Window

Aug 10, 2012

School is closed today. I will try again. I emailed them both at the same time, the first time. I didn't know that only one P was the p.o.c. I have nothing to lose at this point so I may just go over there, if it's still available.

6. polag

polag Rookie

Aug 10, 2012

Opinions please

I try again or would that be crazy. I dont want to stalk the P. To be fair, I knew one sc who was split and if I were a P. I'd want someone with more experience. It's two different schools, two diff. SES areas, and elem./middle.

7. TeachGA

TeachGA Rookie

Aug 10, 2012

I e-mailed a principal with my resume twice in two weeks. She called me yesterday to schedule an interview :) Be persistent!!

8. Johari's Window

Aug 10, 2012

Emailing now!

9. Johari's Window

Aug 10, 2012

Good luck!!!:thumb: