opinions needed..Please!!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Green_eyed_gal, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Green_eyed_gal

Green_eyed_gal Comrade

Aug 10, 2008

I'm teaching prefixes and suffixes this week... I didn't like the worksheets in the book so I created one myself. Do you think this is ok for fourth grade?? Is it too easy? too hard? any suggestions on what to change.

They would complete this after we have our mini-lesson. I was thinking of cutting up the squares and making the kids match up the words with the prefix and/or suffix. It would make it more interactive.

Thanks!!

http://www.myteacherpages.com/webpages/TAdkison/files/prefix%20suffix%20activity%20sheet.pdf

3. LionPride

LionPride Companion

Aug 10, 2008

I like it! I do something similar with my fifth graders.
    After we talk about the prefix and/or suffix I usually write them on a card with the meaning to put in the pocket charts to use a reference for the entire year.
    This is one of the most used things in my classroom.

GOOD JOB!

4. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 10, 2008

I think it looks just like what I have done. I also have them brainstorm lists of words with the prefix or suffix in them and we compile big lists of words for them to refer to.

You can do things like really look at the word-- pre means before, so preview is to view before, or view first. Like a movie preview.