Opinions about Kindergarten graduation

Discussion in 'End of the Year Archives' started by Guest, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Apr 9, 2002

I am looking for opinions about Kindergarten graduation. Why do some schools have this tradition? What does the program consist of? Thanks for all thoughts regarding this.

3. LisaN

LisaN Rookie

Apr 10, 2002

I know some schools that over-do it terribly! I remember my own son's K graduation in the late 80's. They had made paper graduation hats. They walked into the classroom and stood on benches to raise them up for everyone to see them all. The had a little program where they sang some songs, like 5 little ducks went out to play. One of the mother's had made a construction paper card with shrinky dink hat shapes. She refered to them as the class of ...meaning their high school graduation. I would leave that off, some may have to repeat a grade later. I think K grad. in his case was good because at his school the K students had their own playground, bathrooms etc. so it was like they were now "big" kids in real school. There were no refreshments.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Apr 30, 2002

We do not have a "graduation". (Students wear their dressy clothes, no caps and gowns.) We have "Sharing Time". We recognize all students and share with family members what we have learned and enjoyed during the school year. The program usually lasts about 1 hour . We have one big cake and punch.