Open House

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by teacherR, Aug 3, 2009.

1. teacherR

teacherR Companion

Aug 3, 2009

Okay, the school year is about to start for my school and I want to do an open house but want to do something original. Any ideals? Usually we have parents come sit and listen to a speech about what we will be doing this year:help:. I would like to have something more interactive. Maybe a classroom scavenger hunt that they do with their children? What do you do at your school? Do you even have an open house? It just doesn't seem personal enough and it is boring.

3. cdowdell

cdowdell Companion

Aug 4, 2009

I'm holding one this Sat. the town's festival. AHH!! I have no idea and don't even have my room ready to go. I'm stressing out. I like the idea of the scavenger hunt maybe I'll do that and then they can get an Icee Pop on their way out after finishing...

4. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Aug 7, 2009

sorry- i have noen-- we are actually having 2 open houses this year, one jsut before school opens for the parents andone a week or so after school starts that is open to the public because this Septemeber is our 20th anniversary of beng open

5. tiffharmon2001

tiffharmon2001 Comrade

Aug 7, 2009

We have a "parent-child workshop" where the parents come in with their kids do just what the kids do everyday. I start with our circle time (calendar, pledges, some songs, and a story) so we can kind of show off what the kids can do. Then, the parents go to centers with their kids. I ask for no siblings this night so that the parents get a little one-on-one time playing with the kids. I've always gotten lots of positive feedback on this night.

6. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 7, 2009

We are having an Open House the day before kids come because it is a brand new building. Then I am asked to allow parents to stay up to 2 hours on the morning that the kids come. Approximately 2 weeks later we have a Meet the Teacher night.

7. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Oct 6, 2009

SOPHIE1,
    Here's another thread for OPEN HOUSE that can give you some ideas.
    Rebel1

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2009

It's not showing up for me, Rebel. :help:

9. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Oct 11, 2009

I just kicked up the THREAD that TeacherR started so she can see what the other posters wrote about OPEN HOUSES.
    There was nothing else to it.;)
    Rebel1

10. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Oct 14, 2009

I like the scavenger hunt idea--- maybe an item of each color or something? I also like to do 'circle" with the kids and parents