Ono Bono

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by mudpie1598, Jun 22, 2008.

1. mudpie1598

mudpie1598 Companion

Jun 22, 2008

Does anyone know where I could find this story? also if there's a puppet available? Did I get the name right? Ono Bono the Monkey...:thanks:

3. mcjklj

mcjklj Rookie

Jun 23, 2008

My daughter and son's kindergarten teacher used Bono the Monkey in her class. They just called it Bono, but in the discipline system it was referred to as getting a "Yes, Yes Bono" or a "No, No Bono." I have the story at home (I'm on vacation right now.) When I get back I can ask her where she got it. And actually... she gave me a master copy to use in my class next year...I could email it to you.

4. mudpie1598

mudpie1598 Companion

Jun 23, 2008

Thanks!

Thanks! I'd appreciate it if you could email it to me.

5. txteacher08

txteacher08 New Member

Jul 7, 2008

I attended a conference last week and was given the book of Bono the monkey and it was misplaced by the airline is their anyone that can provide me with the story or let me know how to obtain the story? Thanks

6. mcjklj

mcjklj Rookie

Jul 7, 2008

I have the paper copy of the story. I'm trying to get in touch with the teacher to see if she has a copy that she can email me and I'll pass it on. I can type it out and send it so at least you have the story, but it won't have the pictures.

7. txteacher08

txteacher08 New Member

Jul 7, 2008

Thank you so much !! If you are able to get it from your friend that would be great if not then the story without the pictures would be great too. I am in desperate need of this story. Do you need my e mail?

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 7, 2008

It's NO No Bono! I have a copy of the book in my garage. So, if no one is able to get it, I could try and help out! My kids LOVED Bono and we used it throughout the year. "Would Bono do this?"

9. txteacher08

txteacher08 New Member

Jul 7, 2008

Do you think I can get a copy of the book? I would appreciate it very much!! Let me know how you would like to handle it .

Once again thanks

10. txteacher08

txteacher08 New Member

Jul 9, 2008

thanks for all your help but I have found the book from a friend who also attended the conference.

11. mcjklj

mcjklj Rookie

Jul 9, 2008

I'm glad you found it!!!

Sorry...I have been terribly busy. I apologize for not getting it to you.

(Is it a published book?? All I have is a blackline master. Just wondering. :) )

12. SueHue

SueHue Comrade

Jul 10, 2008

I hope I understand your posts correctly, and am giving information that correlates to the right book. Is it the book where Bono the monkey goes to school? He behaves poorly (hanging from the light, doesn't share, etc), but the children correct him, then he does things correctly? If so, I met the author and her daughter at a kindergarten conference in 2007. I still have the postcard for their materials! This is the website listed on the postcard:

www.pasitos.net

I have 4 of their books:
    Bono Goes to School
    Bono Learns to Listen
    Bono Can Read
    Bono Learns to Write

The postcard says there 4 versions of the Bono books available: black & white in English, black & white in Spanish, black & white in both languages, or color in both languages. At first glance, it is not listed on their website, so you might want to contact them.

A colleague went to our district's orientation last August where our new social studies curriculum was on display. She was so excited because one of the Bono books was included in the kinder materials. Yes, it was in color! I don't remember the publisher, because our district couldn't afford the materials for all grade levels. The lower grade levels were told we'd have to wait until 08-09 to get them. With the budget cuts, I don't think that will happen anytime soon.:( Oh, well. I'm glad I took the time to color in my own copy. I've gotten good use from them!

13. preschoolrocks

preschoolrocks New Member

Jul 26, 2009

14. mudpie1598

mudpie1598 Companion

Sep 24, 2012