ONLY positive tips, help,& encouragement for the English 6-12 FTCE Please??? (I keep rescheduling!)

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by Stephanie Fopiano, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Stephanie Fopiano

Stephanie Fopiano Rookie

Aug 18, 2019

Hi.
    SO, let's see... I have now re-scheduled this English 6-12 SAE exam for the '"3rd" time, as I am extremely nervous about it!! (& fearful)
    I recently posted asking for helpful study guides and materials, and a secondary teacher of "14 years" commented that she had to take it to renew her teaching certification, that she has taken it & FAILED it "twice" now, also stating that the exam is "brutal!" :eek: I'm sure it wasn't her intention, but this has made me even MORE anxious and worried!! NEED to pass it Very badly!!!:(
    I'd like some "positive" input from some test takers who have taken it recently (or in the past few years) and PASSED, Please???
    I am an out of field teacher, (earned my B.A. degree in a diff. field) who has been long-term subbing for middle school for close to 3 years now, and "could've" been teaching before now, but am allowing this exam, along with my fear & test anxiety, dictate my career and Life!! :(:(
    ONLY Positive & encouraging input please?! Is the NavaEd study guide enough to be "well prepared" or should I be using more sources?? (I've mainly been utilizing that and Quizlet)
    Thank You. :)