Only 1 Day Left!!! Help!

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by Tara19, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

Jun 4, 2003

I only have 1 day left!! I can't wait but I think this is so.. weird, I have to teach summer school for a few students. (in pre-k, stupid,huh) Anyway, we had an end of the year test with everything their suppost to knwo and they had to get a c- or above and if they didn't, they would recomend summer school. Poor kids, their only 4 and 5, can't they have a summer without going to school?? Today, my boss asked me to tecah over the summer, 2 hours a day, 3 days a week. Since I'm out of school, and just had a baby, I kind of wanted to spend the summer relaxing and spending time with my daughter, ya know? Plus, I also have another job too to help support me and my baby. (I'm a cosmotoligist, but I;m still going to college for it, but I'll be done in about 1 year!!!) I really like teaching but I don't think they should have summer school. Should I speak my mind or just say yes?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Jun 6, 2003

not sure if you made your decision yet or not, but I think if you can afford not to work then don't....spend the time with your baby, you can't get those days back!

4. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Jun 7, 2003

I went back to work when my children were small-The children are
    grown now and I still regret it.

Plus so many times I blamed myself for their bad behaviors-if only I was there.

But.............
    the good news is.........
    it is not full time or full day
    so you will have 24 hours a day with your baby 4 days a week
    and 22 hours a day on 3 days a week. (I know, I know-what about prep time)
    But you get my point.

If you teach summer school, then you can set the program and try to make it as much fun and educational as possible.

Design your program about summer themes that you love and you can have fun with. If you can have fun-the children will too. If you are sad (miss baby-don't want to be there,etc)the children will not have fun either. Small children are great mood readers.

Please keep us informed. Thanks.

5. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

Jun 7, 2003

I still haven't decided yet, but I have to decide by Friday (in about 6 days) I think I'm going to say no, because I think I will already have a busy schedule because of my job and since I had this baby, I haven't gotten any time just to habg out with my friends so I'm thinking about saying no, but I still could say yes. Please Help! Any of your opinions would be GREAT!!! Thanx...

6. Margo

Margo Devotee

Jun 8, 2003

It sounds like you have already made your decision. Stick with it!! Enjoy your summer :)