online study courses and apps

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by Switch, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Switch

Switch Rookie

Apr 3, 2015

I am studying to take my SAE test on the thirteenth of April. It's a lot of information. I've discovered some online study courses that actually seem like they address the competencies in my SAE directly. Has anyone ever used any online study courses or Apps to prepare and what was your experience? The one I signed up for is not free, but includes many short videos and transcripts of lessons. I learn visually and through sound, and I feel like the videos help me more than reading through notes and articles at least to make the content real. As I have gotten older and with my kids around as I study :) I definitely don't have the ability to focus like I used to. Also there was another website by teachers for teachers with study guides. Has anyone used these?

3. history

history Companion

Apr 3, 2015

I have found the only way to prepare for the FTCE PET or GK is to take a prep course. I am taking a 5 ( Saturdays in a row) day(3 hour) course offered by the university in my area. They make sure to give exercises and actual lessons so you can understand what is going on. I feel this works far better than a study guide. As far as your SAE , that depends upon what you need to take.