Online PD Videos

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by cutelilram, May 23, 2010.

1. cutelilram

cutelilram Rookie

May 23, 2010

I love watching those PD videos of master teachers like Debbie Diller. However, my school does not have them available to teachers to borrow or watch in school. I was actually crazy enough to buy one for almost $300 a year ago. I can no longer afford to spend my money on these DVD's.

Does anyone know of a sort of Netflix for teachers in which you can rent these DVD's? I would be willing to pay a monthly fee to watch them. Or maybe some good websites that have free videos of master teachers modeling lessons? Thanks so much!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 23, 2010

4. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

May 23, 2010

If your school or district has a subscription to Discovery Education (formerly unitedstreaming) had PD opportunities on it.

5. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

May 24, 2010

On a related note, I really really really want to see FAT City - heard of it and have seen lecture videos by the same person (Lavoie) but it's one of those mega expensive things and have not seen it in any library or rental around here! Help?

6. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

May 24, 2010

College libraries often have these items and most public libraries include the local colleges in their network. See if you can get some that way. Also, try youtube. There are some good things on there as well.

7. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

May 24, 2010

I'm watching the "Inside Writing Communities 3-5" video. Writer's Workshop totally blows my mind. It's so different from how my kids learn writing. I just LOVE it. It's so social and interactive. The teachers are not in tears. :lol:

8. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

May 25, 2010

I had the chance to see it in one of my ed classes last fall. It was amazing. Check with your library to see if they have it or can get it through inter-library loan.

Also, I'm loving all of the free videos on the Annenberg website. Definitely going to be watching those over the summer.