Online Math Programs

Discussion in 'High School' started by tinitime, Aug 12, 2008.

1. tinitime

tinitime Rookie

Aug 12, 2008

Is anyone using an online math program? I am looking for something that will allow the kids to work at their own pace. Similar to an ongoing assignment that will allow me to chart progress.

TIA:)

3. LMath85

LMath85 Companion

Aug 12, 2008

4. supertaz93

supertaz93 Rookie

Aug 12, 2008

lmath85, that appears to be a great source. Thanks.

5. LMath85

LMath85 Companion

Aug 13, 2008

NP. I use it all the time - it is the best thing when you are looking to make an exam because they are all questions from old state regents.

The PH resources I give to kids that need help. I love the videos and chapter quizzes for the kids to touch up their skils on!

6. senseijoao

senseijoao Rookie

Aug 21, 2008

I did an intervention program administered by the University of California that I was pretty impressed with.

http://ucoa.org

I think they might want money, though.

It's surprising that with all of the Content Management Systems (CMS) that come out (like Moodle) pre-configured for educational development that there is so little integrated support. I'm sure one has to pop up somewhere, though...

I started working on one a long while ago, but couldn't find the time while teaching to really get it off the ground. The idea was a math-specific website with quizzes, lesson plans, and presentations that was integrated with its own gradebook.

7. Lives4Math

Lives4Math Comrade

Aug 21, 2008

My county does Study Island. The whole county. I'm not sure if it's something that one teacher can sign up for or what. Anyway...it's awesome! It's set up for math and reading. The kids take an initial test to show what they already know. Then it's broken down into lessons that the kids can work on at their own pace. They can do it as games or as a typical test, either way the questions are the same. You can log in and track each student's progress as well and find out how many times they have done each lesson and their scores each time.