Online M.Ed. Programs!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by teacherwithlove, Jan 2, 2014.

1. teacherwithlove

teacherwithlove Comrade

Jan 2, 2014

Hi everyone!

I am interested in beginning a M.Ed program sometime this upcoming school year! The problem is- I am having trouble with deciding on which program to go with. I really want to get my M.Ed in Curriculum & Instruction with an emphasis in Teaching Mathematics. So far, I am leaning towards Concordia University, Oregon, mostly because it's only a 54 week program, 100% online, and nationally accredited. Despite this, I am keeping my options open to something that is less expensive and with more scholarship opportunities as I will need all the financial help I can get! (I already have $16k of school loan debt) :unsure:

I am interested in hearing your thoughts. Did you or anyone you know go through an online Masters program? What program was it and was it a good or bad experience? :confused:

3. eternalsaudade

eternalsaudade Companion

Jan 3, 2014

4. teacherwithlove

teacherwithlove Comrade

Jan 3, 2014

Thanks! I will look into it! I like the low cost tuition of WGU. I wonder if they list the courses somewhere on that website.

5. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Jan 3, 2014

You should be able to find the courses, and if not, just email them. They are very responsive. I did my M. Ed through WGU and would highly recommend it. I finished in 9 months - though they told me that is extremely uncommon - with pretty constant work.

If you are at all independent in your learning you'll love it. (Plus, it is ridiculously cheap.)

6. eternalsaudade

eternalsaudade Companion

Jan 3, 2014