Online Education???/?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by jacksondave39, May 7, 2008.

1. jacksondave39

jacksondave39 New Member

May 7, 2008

I'm out of school and thinking about enrolling in an online colllege. It seems a lot cheaper and convenient. The thing is I want to study more than one thing. Do you think it's possible to enroll in more than one online school at the same time?And do you think it's worth it?Please Tell me From where i can get information about this.

3. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

May 7, 2008

I am looking into walden to get my masters... I am not sure about getting your bachelors online (if you are majoring in education), since there is so much you have to do with a classroom.

4. La Profesora

La Profesora Cohort

May 7, 2008

I hated University of Phoenix - they were supposed to be all about convenience, but they required you to be online 5 out of 7 days a week and at certain times when I couldn't be online. Since you aren't in class, there is an amazingly huge amount of work, and the deadlines are short. I preferred a real class where I was with peers who were also teachers and we could actually see each other and talk.

5. Ms Z

Ms Z Companion

May 7, 2008

I attend Western Governors University. They have a Masters program.... www.wgu.edu:2up:

6. January_Violet

January_Violet Comrade

May 9, 2008

I would highly recommend Capella University.

7. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 9, 2008

many schools offer cohorts, which I think offers you a a better choice. Some combine both online work and off campus classes. You have the benefit of full time college credit, without the hassle of finding parking and standing in lines at bookstores.

most colleges utilize blackboard an online system for entering work, classroom chats, and accessing grades. and it seems everyone is going digital...so even if you are not sure about a total online program, the traditional on campus programs do almost everything (registration, grades, transcript requests, etc.) online.

8. glen

glen Companion

May 10, 2008

I earned my masters through one of Lesley University's online programs. Lesley is a brick and mortar school in Cambridge, MA that has a good reputation as a teaching college. The masters was a lot of work, but on my own schedule. It's also expensive, but I wanted to make sure I enrolled in a respected school that had programs accepted by my DOE.

9. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

May 10, 2008

I got my bachelors degree in Child Development online from University of Wyoming. Check out their website at www.uwyo.edu.
    Also, yes, you can be enrolled in more than one online program at the same time. During one summer I was taking courses from 3different schools (all in Wyoming- they were one of the first universities to offer online degrees since they are geographically spread out).
    Good luck!

10. PK teacher

PK teacher Rookie

May 10, 2008

"Online Degrees"

I was thinking about enrolling in Penn Foster College( on line). I am wanting to get an Early Childhood Education Degree from there. Does anybody know if it would be legit?