Online degree?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Apple125, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Apple125

Apple125 Rookie

Nov 16, 2009

Do any of you know of a good, reputable online university where I can earn my masters degree? It has to be completely online, because I am very busy with teaching, coaching, and spending time with my family, but I don't want to waste my money on an online school that doesn't turn out to be what I hoped. I would rather have a state university, but I can't find any that offer a completely online degree. I would prefer it to be in reading or literacy, or curriculum and instruction. Can you guys tell me about your experiences, or those of someone you know? Any help is much appreciated!

3. City Girl

City Girl Rookie

Nov 16, 2009

Check out American College of Education. It is completely on line, you can choose from curriculum and instruction and a few others which I do not remember. You complete your degree in about 18 months and you only take a course at the time (each course last about 6 weeks) There are weekly discussions, short quizzes, and assignments. It cost about $6995, but it used to be $4995, but I think it is better than most of the online programs out there. A few of my co workers and I are currently in this program, and we like it so far.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 16, 2009

I'll finish Walden in Feb.

5. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 16, 2009

I have a few friends who went to/are going to Grand Canyon University online.

6. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Nov 17, 2009

My MIL graduated from University of Phoenix...she had nothing but fabulous things to say about it. Well, aside from how much it cost!

I know one of my friends from high school go to National University...although I'm not sure how reputable it is...I've only ever heard of it from her.