One thing you're grateful for...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by dgpiaffeteach, Oct 15, 2014.

1. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Oct 15, 2014

First quarter is almost done for us, so I need a positive thread! What's one thing you're grateful for at your school?

I'm grateful my admin supports our teachers. I have complete freedom of curriculum while knowing they have my back. I love it!

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 15, 2014

I have to agree. Our admin is incredible! They respect us as professionals, thank us regularly, and care about us as people.

I'm also grateful for an amazing class. After having challenging groups the past two years, with 1/3 of my class identified with Special Education needs, it's nice having a somewhat narrower range of needs this year.

4. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Oct 15, 2014

I am just grateful to have a job.

The struggle is real out there and I am reminded of this every time I talk to my students and/or their parents, when I drive through my school's neighborhood, when I open the Baltimore Sun and read abut what is going on in the city.

The. Struggle. Is. Real.

5. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Oct 15, 2014

I'm grateful that I have a classroom all to myself. I don't like to share very much.

6. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Oct 15, 2014

I am grateful to be allowed to do what my students need, even if it means being off schedule for pacing. My focus is on my students.

7. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

Oct 15, 2014

i am grateful that majority of my students this year show the yearning for learning...a big and nice change from the past few years

8. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Oct 15, 2014

I am grateful that I am at a private school this year where the focus is on the students, not on incessant testing.

9. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Oct 15, 2014

I am grateful for those parents who decide to work with me as a partner in their child's education. Some can be adversarial, some can be apathetic, but so many of them understand we need to be a team. They are worth their weight in chocolate.

10. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Oct 15, 2014

I'm grateful for my air conditioning. I can wear sweaters everyday!

11. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Oct 15, 2014

I'm grateful for two of the teachers in my grade level team.... I couldn't make it through this crazy year without them.

12. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

Oct 15, 2014

I am grateful for the other grade level teachers. We all work together and get along. I have learned that this isn't always the rule.

I am grateful for the curriculum resources we have available to us.

I am just grateful for a job!!!!

My sweet students!

13. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2014

I'm grateful to not be in a portable (the rest of my team is) and to be in a district that specifically has a new teacher program in place in order to support them and help them be successful.

14. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Oct 15, 2014

I am grateful for my mom and dad who supported me throughout college so I could follow my dream of becoming a teacher.

I am also grateful for every student who has walked through my classroom door. They all have a special place in my heart!

15. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 15, 2014

I'm thankful for my colleagues...we buoy each other through challenges with collegiality, laughter and discourse
    I'm thankful for an administrator who trusts me as an educator and sees me as a leader
    Im thankful for my class of joyful learners
    I'm thankful for supportive families
    I'm thankful to remain passionate about what we do despite new mandates, regulations and requirements...I keep my focus on what's important.

16. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Oct 15, 2014

I'm thankful for my two co-teachers. We love and respect each other, and we take turns teaching. I co-teach 5th and 6th grade language-arts. It's been a wonderful 9 weeks with them. (and I swore I'd never co-teach again...so glad I was talked into it.)

Our admin...he's the best!

17. GTB4GT

GTB4GT Cohort

Oct 15, 2014

I am grateful for an admin that stays out of the way. they do not create barriers or add on additional administrative, and thus nonessential, work. Also I am grateful for the students who care.

18. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Oct 15, 2014

I'm grateful for the supportive and loving parents I have.
    I'm grateful for other positive and uplifting teachers I've had the chance to connect with the last few months.

19. Miz_Jay

Miz_Jay Companion

Oct 15, 2014

I am grateful for the connections that I've made with the students and staff at one particular school I sub in.
    I am grateful that even if I don't get the position that I just interview for, I have 2 maternity positions lined up at a school I love for teachers who are amazing.

20. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 16, 2014

I am grateful for my coworkers! We're here for each other when things are going well, here to ask questions of each other, and here in the most stressful of times.

21. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Oct 16, 2014

Not much... :(

I honestly can't think of anything. I guess I'm grateful that my apparel order came in today, because I ordered a cute fleece.

22. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Oct 16, 2014

I'm very grateful I have my job. I love being a teacher here - mostly. ;)

I have a good class and I like them a lot - mostly. ;)

The pay me well, relative to other districts around here and certainly compared to what teachers make in most other parts of the country.

I love that my admin leaves me alone and lets me teach how I want. I would go crazy with a rigid curriculum or, even worse, some kind of scripted program.

More than anything else, I am grateful for my kids and husband. I know that's not job related, but they are the best things in my life - usually. ;)

23. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Oct 16, 2014

A supportive principal and students who generally like to learn.

24. HistoryVA

HistoryVA Devotee

Oct 16, 2014

I'm grateful for my team- a huge support. And I'm grateful for my 8th block. They're such an awesome class; I hope my other blocks will catch up!

25. Roobunny

Roobunny Comrade

Oct 16, 2014

I'm grateful for the ability to be incredibly creative with my lessons (since I don't have a curriculum). Yes, it takes a lot more planning time, but it's worth it when my students are having fun and learning at the same time.

I'm grateful for my students - they work hard and I'm seeing such progress. It's amazing what they can accomplish in the 30 minutes we meet with one another.

I'm grateful for my AP - she has my back and totally understands where I'm coming from when I'm having issues with my P.

26. melnm

melnm Companion

Oct 16, 2014

I'm grateful to work in a private school with a small class, supportive admin and a great kindergarten team!