One of those days

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by sarypotter, Feb 9, 2009.

1. sarypotter

sarypotter Comrade

Feb 9, 2009

I feel bad that I almost never come to this site anymore unless I need to vent. Honestly, I just don't have the time. But sometimes, spare time or not, I need to vent to other teachers.

This has just been one of those days, in one of those weeks, in one of those months. At the end of the school day today, I was attempting to restrain one child who was scratching the skin off her own arms, not to mention ours. This is a child who has had no problem at all for months, who is suddenly having meltdowns in every aspect of her life. Meanwhile another child was in tears because she didn't want to go home after a physical fight with a parent over the weekend. A third was roaming the building after NOT being picked up where and when she's always picked up. And two others were absent because of circumstances I'm not comfortable posting about, but of the sort that makes your blood run cold. I'm pretty sure one of those will not be returning and we won't be seeing the other for quite some time.

It's just one of those weeks where I want to take them all home with me, every single one. Or wrap them in bubble wrap or something. We just can't handle any more upsetting news in our class! :dizzy:

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 9, 2009

:hugs:

4. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Feb 9, 2009

So sorry! I feel the same about venting. I've been venting tonight also-so I try to post 3 positive things for every vent!

You just go ahead and get it all out sweetie. We're here for ya. Tomorrow will be better!

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 10, 2009

So sorry, sary. I know what you mean about wanting to take them home with you--I've felt that often before. At school I sometimes want to follow them around all of the time and keep them with me so that no other adults can give them the grief they get.

Hope today will be better.

6. vem79

vem79 Rookie

Feb 10, 2009

So sorry for your bad day, I know exactly how you feel. : ( I sometimes feel the same way that I wish that I can take a few of my students home. It is not their fault that they are being treated the way they are.

7. sarypotter

sarypotter Comrade

Feb 12, 2009

The rest of the week has been somewhat better. No new bad news, thank heavens. We have had a little of our old bad news come back to haunt us, but my kids are wonderful, as usual, and they are pulling through it.

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Feb 14, 2009

You are a gift to your students, sary.

9. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Feb 14, 2009

I'm so sorry, but so glad that your students have someone in their lives who truly care about them-you...

10. AspieTeacher

AspieTeacher Comrade

Feb 14, 2009

sarypotter,

This is a safe-place to vent. I remember when you were supportive of my situation at my old site. I'm a shoulder you can cry on It's very sad that we have children like this nowadays. I think that more people need to get involved with helping these students, such as volunteers who know what it's like to walk in the shoes of our students. If you weren't there Sary, who would be?

aspieteacher

11. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Feb 14, 2009

I am sorry for your students. But lucky for them, they have you. Someone they knows cares and some stability in their lives. You are very important to those students. Think what would happen if they didn't have you!!:hugs: