One of those days...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Blurazzberi, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Blurazzberi

Blurazzberi Rookie

Dec 16, 2010

You know those days when everything goes wrong? first all the outlets in my class room wouldn't work- nobody seemed to figure out why. One of my students said he knew where the breaker box was and would try to fix it if I wanted...I didn't want. :eek: so, that meant no heater, no computer, empty my fridge, and no vacuum.

Then at recess one of them threw a fist-sized rock at another student and it hit the back of his head! Man, do heads bleed hard! it was only a tiny little cut but bled all down his shirt before i got something on it...fortunately he was wearing his coat hat or it would have been much worse. His Dad came and got him and I took care of the other little darling.

They are usually pretty good...but today they all had their turn at trying my patience and did a really good job at it.
    well...thanks for letting me vent. I'm done now. :)

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 16, 2010

Ah, man, it sounds brutal!

And, yes, heads to tend to BLEED!!!

4. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Dec 16, 2010

I had one of those days, too...we had inspectors marching around today, which actually went pretty well, but the heat wasn't working, so they gave out portable heaters to most of the classes. Halfway through the day, the electricity in most of the classrooms shut off for no apparent reason. In the end, the classroom did warm up, and the lights went on at some point too, but it was NOT a fun day! The kids were out of sorts, and we couldn't even have an early dismissal, because we share our buses with other schools, on top of most of the parents in the school working.

5. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Dec 16, 2010

Well at least it was not just my kindergarten today! Whew- I had the same type of day! ugh! What will tomorrow bring?
    It can only go up from here, right?

6. massteacher

massteacher Companion

Dec 16, 2010

I think its the craze before holiday break! (At least for us that's what I am attributing it to!)

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 16, 2010

The heat was out in my house this morning:eek:I was anticipating something bad and majorly expensive...turns out I must have hit the emergency cut off switch passing by with laundry last night. Luckily we have a service contract with our oil guy so all is good...he just flipped the switch:dizzy:And no big bill!

8. bros

bros Phenom

Dec 16, 2010

The more a head cut bleeds, the better, I believe it what they say.

If it is a big one that bleeds a lot, that just means it is shallow.

If it a big one that doesn't bleed a lot, then there is a bit of trouble.

9. Blurazzberi

Blurazzberi Rookie

Dec 16, 2010

Ugh...I'm sorry. at least our lights weren't out. Sounds like a good day to have inspectors! :rolleyes: