One down two to go...

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by mrsammieb, Jul 17, 2006.

1. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Jul 17, 2006

Today's interview went really well. It was just me and the principal and we just talked, it wasn't really interviewish. I like it so much, it was very relaxed. I GOT A SECOND INTERVIEW!! The next one will be with more people so I am not getting my hopes up YET but it does feel nice not to just hear a NO. The job is either for 4th or Kindergarten. So.. thank you for your help and thoughts.

3. trulyblssd

trulyblssd Companion

Jul 17, 2006

That's wonderful, don't you just love interviews like that. If you got in good with the principal then the next one should be a piece of cake. Good luck!

4. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Jul 17, 2006

Don't forget you are interviewing the school as well to see if it's a good fit. It seems as if you and the principal will get along well. Pay attention to how the staff talks about the principal. My first interview was with the principal and assistant principal and it was great. Four days later I had a second interview with all the deparment heads and the teacher I would be coteaching with. The administration sat that one out. They offered me the job and I'm glad because I really liked the group of people I met. They were down to earth and didn't talk badly about anyone.

5. WITeach

WITeach Cohort

Jul 17, 2006

That is great news! Good luck at your second interview. :) Do you know when the interview is?

6. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 17, 2006

Congrats and Good Luck on the next round!

7. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Jul 18, 2006

My second interview is on Tuesday. So I have to wait! But this will give me even more time to study!

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2006

That's wonderful!

9. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Jul 18, 2006

During my interviews, I always get so nervous and sure enough there are always questions I draw a blank on. So I "Come up with something quick" which I later think about and say to myself "Why did I say that? I have an answer that's actually very good!" Let me tell you that when I draw a blank...I DRAW A BLANK!!!! LOL
    This past interview the question was "Tell us about a successful unit you've taught and how did you know it was a success?"
    Yep...the blank rushed in even though I actually can think of a bunch of examples now...guess that's what portfolios are for!!!!
    I answered with something about Rainforests....why? Because I've read so much about Rainforest units that I know them inside and out but I've never taught one!!!
    We all get freaked out about interviews. By the way, I got the job.