On the sly....

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by GD2BQN, Jun 8, 2009.

1. GD2BQN

GD2BQN Comrade

Jun 8, 2009

Zola, our American Bulldog, was ever the sly, sneaky dog today. I made spaghetti and meatballs for lunch. DD had her plate half full of spaghetti with 3 meatballs on top. She left to get the mail and left her plate on the ottoman. Zola was near the fire place being as obedient as ever. When dd returned to her plate Zola was still in her same position and spot looking as innocent as can be. Only, there was 1 meatball missing. The only thing that gave Zola away was the bubbly drool she left on the leather ottoman and her intense stare hoping dd:whistle: will never notice. Now, get this, there were 3 meatballs and lots of spaghetti!!!! What determination and will power not to take the whole serving in one big swoosh!!!!

3. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jun 8, 2009

very cute.

4. Securis

Securis Cohort

Jun 8, 2009

Very cute. Dogs are very remarkable, especially our own.

Our Doberman did much the same thing with a block of cheese. We were working in the basement doing some remodel and we had a block of sharp cheddar on the counter from which we were taking small slices as we passed through the kitchen on our way to our workbench outside. She'd lean up on the counter and take a nibble when no one was in the kitchen. The only way we caught her was I just happen to forget my pencil. As I entered the kitchen, she turned frozen in place, busted. She dropped down and went all puppy dog eyes and tail wiggling right after that.

Incredible animals.

5. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jun 8, 2009

Haha, wow what will power that dog has! I mean, any dog would have eaten at least all of the meatballs! :)

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 8, 2009

When my dh was in the Navy, his roommate had a great dane. Dh was cooking steaks for a party at their house. He had cooked ten steaks, but the plate could only hold 7. He took 7 steaks into the kitchen and put them on the counter. On his way back with the other 3, he noticed that all 7 steaks were gone. And the dog was standing in the kitchen just staring up at him.

7. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jun 8, 2009

OMG!! 7 steaks!! Great danes are crazy! My husband's cousin has 2...they're so sweet, but oh so large!

8. frogger

frogger Devotee

Jun 8, 2009

I had a dog once that knocked down the pizza carton and ate the rest of the pizza - no one heard her at all and luckily she didn't get sick on it. I couldn't get mad at her because she had that sweet innocent who me look on her face.:)

9. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jun 8, 2009

That is really funny she only took one meatball.

My mom's dog once stole my brother's peanut butter crackers (those one that come in the wrapper with six) from his bag ate some and hit the rest around the room. My brother crawled into his bed and couldn't figure out why there was crumbs in it. Than he found a cracker under his pillow. We laughed about that for days. Jesse must have thought he would want a snack before bedtime.

10. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2009

I can remember my mom leaving a bushel basket of potatoes from the garden out on the deck. She came out in the morning to find every potato in a neat pile without a mark on it, but all that was left of the basket was the wire and the round wooden bottom piece. He ate the rest of it!

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 8, 2009

How cute! I can't leave any food w/i reach of my dog while I'm gone. I'll return to him munching away!