On a scale of 1-10, how stressed out do you get if you become unorganized?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by perplexed, Oct 23, 2012.

1. perplexed

perplexed Comrade

Oct 23, 2012

I didn't know why I was so stressed and down last week. Two days last week I came home and started to cry when my husband or parents would talk to me about school because I was just feeling overwhelmed. I blamed it on being tired, but I also felt like I had sooo much to do. I did have a lot to do, but it wasn't something out of the ordinary.

Yesterday, I started to file everything in my classroom because the papers were becoming a mess. I had so many things copied and papers in piles behind my desk and my room looked messy with that. Now everything is in it's place, and I feel so much happier this week. I think I was so anxious and stressed because I was getting soooo unorganized!

Do you ever feel down when you're getting unorganized?

I co-teach in a classroom and he has papers EVERYWHERE (literally everywhere) and it doesn't seem to bother him at all. Sometimes I wish I could be that laid back:).

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Oct 23, 2012

Disorganization definitely gets to me. If I start to get a bit more messy, I definitely feel more stressed.

4. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2012

Yep, that's me too.

It doesn't seem to help me stay on top of things, though, so I just go through a rotating cycle: things get messy, I get stressed, I clean, things get messy again...

5. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Oct 23, 2012

0. I'm always unorganized!!! :lol:

6. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Oct 23, 2012

I try, but there are some weeks that I can't keep up. So, yup, I do the rotating cycle too. It doesn't help that I'm a piler by nature. Just don't touch my piles.

7. HistTchr

HistTchr Habitué

Oct 23, 2012

I am very organized, and I hate it when things start piling up. I try to have a place for everything so I don't run into that problem!

8. Harmony2

Harmony2 Companion

Oct 23, 2012

It drives me NUTS!!! And since I am student teaching, there is not a lot of space in the room for all of my stuff. I can barely lift my rolling book bag anymore. I have so much kid work and future work and there is not room in the class for it all. (

It has gotten to a point where I am actually so organized that I outdo myself and lose things I safely filed away, lol...I spent twenty minutes looking for an answer key that was in the file marked "answer keys" today but because there are so many other files it got lost in the mountain.

When I am home it is a little better because I have a place for everything, but the tough thing is taking stuff back and forth

9. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Oct 23, 2012

10!!!!!!!!!

10. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Oct 23, 2012

Definitely about an 8. I'm disorganized right now and it's driving me nuts. I'm not sure stressed is quite the right word but it makes me crazy and makes me want to stay at school until midnight!

11. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Oct 23, 2012

0. I think I am so disorganized that it would stress me out if I was organized:)

12. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Oct 23, 2012

On a scale of 1-10, I'm a 12.

I must have an organized space or I cannot function.

13. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Oct 23, 2012

I am an unorganized person but I do work very hard at staying organized at home and at school. In years past, it would be a roller coaster at work. I would let things pile up until I felt myself becoming "unglued" and then I would stay really late or come up on the weekend to get organized.

This year, I have stayed on top of it much better. I just make sure everything has a place and constantly work to keep it manageable.

Home life is a different story..I seem to get one room organized to only let the rest of the house fall apart...maybe one day I can find a balance!!

14. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Oct 24, 2012

Ditto!

15. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Oct 24, 2012

I hate getting disorganized. I do my best to stay organized, however that simply doesn't happen. For instance, right now I feel like my entire world is in a huge flurry right now, and I'm grasping at leaves (or paperwork more like) as its flying around me. I'm barely keeping up with sleep and food because I need to get each new day planned and I need to keep on top of my classroom management, and I need to do all this administrative work so my classroom being organized, my life being organized, etc. has been a medium priority, and it's not really getting done without some extra help (students who have lunch detention who help me clean and organize).

I am managing right now, but I can feel it slowly slipping but I can't tell exactly where it is right now.

16. MikeTeachesMath

MikeTeachesMath Devotee

Oct 24, 2012

This. I'm a walking disaster :lol:.

17. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Oct 24, 2012

That's a 10 for me. I hate disorganization. I even get stressed out being around other people who are disorganized.

18. ozteach

ozteach Comrade

Oct 24, 2012

Yep, me too. I worked in a room with another teacher who was so messy. It took me a while to figure out that I would start to feel stressed as soon as I walked in, because his stuff was piling up near the door. I'm about to start a very busy job and have spent the last few weeks cleaning out my house so that it's more organised. I'm about a 15 on that scale, is that OCD?:lol:

19. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Oct 24, 2012

I finally figured out that I can be organized at home or at work. It is not possible to be organized in both places without losing my mind!

Right now, the house is winning - my classroom is a disaster. Sigh.

20. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

Oct 24, 2012

Me too!!!!!!

21. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Oct 24, 2012

I like to be organized, but I know sometimes I won't have time for it. I get much more stressed if I am not prepared to teach. If I have a great day of teaching from 8-3:30, no disorganization can damper my spirits. If I have a poor day teaching than no amount of organization will convince me that it was a good day.

22. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Oct 24, 2012

10 for me!!!

I have been known to stay at work until 10:30 PM if it means I can get caught up and organized.

23. EMonkey

EMonkey Connoisseur

Oct 24, 2012

I am about a 6 for organization. I would say I can let some things slide quite a bit and somethings if they slide at all I am stressed.

If certain classroom areas get a little messy I am okay if other areas get messy it is a problem. I am very pleased with my classroom this year. I reorganized it so it is much more obvious where things places are and easier to put things in their places.

If recording information gets a little behind I do not like it; however it does not stress me out too much.

If lessons or behavior management get disorganized I get stressed even before they are really more than a tiny bit disorganized, at this point it does not happen much. My first years I had a very tidy classroom and diligently recorded data while not as well organized behavior management and lessons and I was way more stressed.