Old school hiring

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by scienceteach82, Jul 12, 2011.

1. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 12, 2011

A school I worked at for the 1st 2 years of my teaching career is hiring again. They have a new administration, but the principal is the husband of one of my former co-workers at the school. She was not very nice to me.

I have no idea what to say in my cover letter. Any suggestions how to get started? I truly doubt they would give me time of day, but I want to try anyway.

I had left them for another school. We were on good terms. (As far as I could tell). I was always welcome back to visit. That was old admin though...

3. tired.mom

tired.mom Companion

Jul 12, 2011

Why was she not nice to you? Or was she just a negative soul? I would try and figure out those questions, but I would still apply.

One would hope that her spouse would allow personal opinions/relationships to not impede his ability to make a prudent decision. ;)

4. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2011

Give it a try. It won't hurt. I'm wondering if there will be a few job openings in Atlanta now. Waiting to see if they fill in the gaps by shuffling teachers around or if they hire. They've fired some of the nastier principals already. High hopes for a great year for Atlanta.

5. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 12, 2011

She just thought she was better than me and other science teacher. Most of staff was from the same country and tried to continue to hire from that country. most were nice, buy there was always that weirdness towards the Americans. :-/

It's a challenging school...but neat.

6. tired.mom

tired.mom Companion

Jul 12, 2011

Sounds like she may just be an odd duck. Some people just have that air about them; I would just apply and go for it. :)

7. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 13, 2011

Try... what can it hurt. All they can say is... thanks for coming in for an interview. Go for it!

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 13, 2011

Yeah, go for it if you really want to. But, you know she's going to tell her husband all about you to probably make you look as bad as possible. But, I always had the mentality that what's meant for someone will be & what's not meant for someone won't be.

Regarding the cover letter, read my post #6 in the following thread. That's MY own cover letter that I use.

http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=146986

Good luck!

9. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 13, 2011

I saw you deleted it :-/

thanks for the responses

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 13, 2011

I'll PM it to you. When I deleted it, it had nothing to do w/ you. :)