okay - got another interview for Thursday

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by frogger, Jul 7, 2008.

1. frogger

frogger Devotee

Jul 7, 2008

This is with another elementary school in the district - I have interviewed with this district about 6 times (but who's counting) just with different elementary schools and P's. I'm just wondering what I should do differently at this interview to get the job!? :confused:

Most of the P's ask similar questions so I know what they will ask but I guess I'm not answering what they want or they already have someone in mind and then my interview is just for them to have so many interviews for the position.

I guess maybe research the school itself more???

I hate interviewing!!!! :eek:hmy:

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 7, 2008

Good luck with your interview! Some of the schools probably had someone in mind, which is a pain, but at least it helps you to gain more interview experience. I hope that this is the job for you!

4. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Jul 7, 2008

Good luck. I've had multiple interviews with one district, but still no offers, too. Just keep practicing and stay positive.

5. ready2teachintx

ready2teachintx Companion

Jul 7, 2008

Good Luck to you! Just be positive and be yourself. Bring a portfolio book. At my interview they wanted detail instructional strategies that I used for difficult behaviors, etc. I talked alot but they were able to see my personality. I will keep my fingers crossed:)

6. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Jul 7, 2008

Good Luck to you!! Maybe Thursday will be your lucky day!:)

7. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 7, 2008

Good luck! Research the school a bit and find out what makes it special in the district (every school has its own culture and special programs, etc). Go in there and knock their socks off! :)

8. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 7, 2008

Try to be real, not to formal...but certainly not informal. Make small talk. Bring them down to earth. Maybe they are not impressed with college grads, or MA candidates who have it all on paper. Maybe they just want someone who can be a good fit for their happy staff.

9. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Jul 7, 2008

Thinking positive for you. Hugs and Good Luck.

10. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 7, 2008

Good Luck frogger - can you ask the other principals in this district that you interviewed with before if they have any suggestions, comments or helpful tips for this interview?

11. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jul 7, 2008

Good luck to you--- have you tried getting feedback from the other principals you interviewed with to see why you weren't hired?

Try researching the school you'll be interviewing at and find out whatever you can about the position--- then make yourself shine and be the most professional (but not overly formal) teacher perfect for that exact teaching spot. :)

When I turned my interview from a Question and Answer format into a "Let's talk about education... we're professionals who have studied this." it was alot more fun, I felt more at "home", and I knew I would just love teaching there.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

12. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 8, 2008

Be sure and have some questions for them about this particular school - every school and principal is different, and they will appreciate if you recognize this.

Good luck!

13. frogger

frogger Devotee

Jul 8, 2008

The P called about 30 minutes ago asking to reschedule for today! I asked for 3pm which she said was good for her because she was rescheduling on me - 2 day conference, then she is off on Friday for her daughters' wedding. Now I am nervous and looking at the school website to see some info on the school itself so I will be prepared.

She did say it was getting down to the wire for making decisions for her and for myself so I think that's why she didn't schedule for next week?!?!

Thanks to all who wished me good luck and the positive vibes! It's a good school and a good district so hopefully this is the one!:thanks:

:):2up::up:;)

14. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2008

Good luck! Go knock their socks off! :D

15. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2008

Good luck! You'll be awesome!

16. frogger

frogger Devotee

Jul 11, 2008

Okay - the interview went very very well! The AP also showed up and we had a good interview - it felt like we were talking and not answering questions back and forth. The P would be out of the office until next week and had to interview one more person. I sent out my thank you letters to both of them (personalized both for P and AP).

Sorry I haven't been on but I moved to a new place and this is the first I have had internet connection since Tuesday!

17. teacherpippi

teacherpippi Habitué

Jul 11, 2008

Sounds like it went well! Hopefully you will hear something positive next week!

18. Yank7

Yank7 Habitué

Jul 11, 2008

TRy and find out something about the school before you interview.If you explain why you want to work at that school and compliment the principal for things that took place in he school, it will leave a favorable impression on their mind.
    Many times the interview process is just a necessity and the principal already has someone in mind for the job.Keep Trying. Good Luck.

19. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 11, 2008

seriously thinking about moving soon. want to sell my place and rent for awhile, as soon as I get an offer. I can't deal with this merry-go-round much longer. I always had jobs, but I don't like waiting...