ok to say?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by HOPE-fulTeacher, Jun 7, 2011.

1. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Jun 7, 2011

I have reworked my CL this year to show more of me and what I can bring to a district, which includes my experiences with ELL students, students from low socioeconomic backgrounds (who lacked schema and background knowledge, which I mention in my CL), and sped student with severe behavior issues. I want to update my application with the district that I student taught in and was a long term sub asst. in this year (a district which I love and would be a great fit for me), but I am unsure of submitting my current CL to them because it is where these students with behavior issues attend and where these students who lacked schema attend. I don't want to seem like I am "bashing" the students of the district, because that is not my intention at all. I just want to show that I have experience dealing with various student needs (that are present in the district). Could someone give my CL a once over again, keeping in mind that I will be sending it to the district where these experiences have taken place? Thanks!

Mr. __________,

It is with great excitement that I submit my application for any anticipated elementary teaching positions that may become available, as I am confident that my skills and abilities will be a valuable asset in continuing _________ Public School’s innovative vision for excellence.

My student teaching experience was completed at _________ School, with several English language learners and many students who came from low socioeconomic backgrounds. Some of my students struggled with the material because they lacked schema for certain concepts, so I made sure to devote class time to building schema and gave them hands-on experiences to help solidify the material in their minds. I made learning FUN, and my students responded very positively to the creative center activities I planned. Students would often ask to take their unfinished work home or bring back math “homework” they had created themselves, solving the problems using activities we did in class. I also liked to incorporate technology into my lessons, whether it was looking at a live worm up on the ELMO screen or using Microsoft Paint to help us spell our family member’s names.

This past year, I worked at __________ Early Childhood Center as an instructional assistant in early childhood special education and general education classrooms. Some of my three and four year old students had severe behavior issues to address, and I successfully collaborated with my supervising teachers and other staff members to develop and implement behavior plans for these students that incorporated ABA and PBIS elements. Managing challenging behaviors in both this job and in my student teaching placement has made me confident in my ability to maintain a safe and productive learning environment for all students.

The priority _______ Public Schools places on creating caring learning communities within its schools is important to me, as I enjoy getting to know all the students in a building and desire to work with a cohesive teaching team to give my students a quality education. I have had nothing but positive experiences volunteering and working in the district, and it would be a true pleasure for me to continue serving the students of (city name).

Should any vacancies arise, I would greatly appreciate your consideration of me for the exciting opportunity to teach in _________ Public Schools. I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx to schedule an interview at a mutually convenient time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

HOPE-fulTeacher

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jun 13, 2011

Bump