Ok, so I wanted to be included..........

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Oldnewteach, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Oldnewteach

Oldnewteach Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

I got a teaching position!

I ended up getting 2 calls on the same day for interviews, one for Computer Networking and the other for Biology (I know, an odd combination but that's just me). I had BOTH interviews the next day (Friday) and got offered the networking position right on the spot, which I accepted. Got called by the other school on Monday with an offer for the Biology position and had to turn it down.

I had to laugh at the fact that I sat around for months and NO ONE would even talk to me and when it gets to "crunch" time, I am looking pretty good to everyone. Needless to say, I am VERY excited to get started soon.

3. TeacherRW

TeacherRW Cohort

Jul 24, 2007

Congratulations... enjoy your new position!! Hope you have plans for or have celebrated!!

4. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Jul 24, 2007

Congrats! Sounds like a neat position! I would love to teach some kind of computer course but I don't have that certification.

5. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Jul 24, 2007

Yea! Best of luck in your new position!

6. Oldnewteach

Oldnewteach Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

Thank you very much. My certifications are in Business and Biology, but I have almost 14 years of IT job experience. I am changing careers and I think that is what got me the job. They wanted the on-the-job experience I have and want to enhance the program so the students graduate with a computer based certification, as well as their diploma.

7. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 24, 2007

I was shocked that my 5th grader was as clueless as he is with 8wpm typing. I know they teach typing later, but still....

What's sad is all this came up because my 2nd grader came home proud to know powerpoint. This is a computer friendly house too with an IT husband and a Business mom. He's only computer all the time and knows what rebooting the router is. It just never occured to me that he didn't know business software and couldn't type worth a darn.

8. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Jul 24, 2007

I'm looking at crunch time, too, and hope the admins that I talked with yesterday and today see me as my-t-fine.

9. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Jul 24, 2007

Congratulations - I hope that crunch time hits around here and I'll start to look a little more attractive to someone out there!

Oldnewteach, I have a question about the business cert - I am about 3 courses and a capstone away from an MBA. How does it work to get certification in business?? Can I use those credits toward math certification? Anyone know?

10. Oldnewteach

Oldnewteach Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

I have a BBA and am going through an alternative certification program through the State of Virginia. Even with my BBA, I could still get a provisional license to teach business with the understanding that I get fully certified. I have also passed all of my state tests (VCLA) and Praxis II tests. I'm am not sure about the math.