ok I am grouchy

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by bonneb, Jun 30, 2010.

1. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jun 30, 2010

Our lovely home is being pressure washed (mold takes over the world up here!) at 9 a.m. DD overslept and woke me at 7 to take her to work - she is supposed to walk (she is usually very responsible). Meanwhile, I had finally broken down and taken a sleeping pill at 4. Good thing it is a small town!

Now I am falling asleep at 9:30, supposed to be packing my classroom for deep cleaning 3 days ago, my sweet boss is always at school between 6 and 7 a.m. and gets less sleep than I do.

grr . . . I feel I must try to get some more sleep and go in to work at 2. I feel a bit paralyzed, but I simply cannot go to work now and be effective at all, with such sleep deprivation - maybe got 3-4 hours last night. sigh. And the pressure washers are LOUD and the water is loud. I am on the verge of a pity party, and I am not one to shirk my work duties.

Guess I just want someone to 1) feel sorry for me and/or 2) give me some great advice on how to pack up my room - yep, every item - in a hurry.

Also last evening was a killer - lots of grieving going on in our household, and I am the supporting character. I just want to go to sleep for about 4 weeks. Not a good sign, as I have to fight depression. Anyone?

3. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jun 30, 2010

Am so sorry that things are rough right now....sounds like you have a right to be grouchy! Hang in there!! Hope things are better real soon. :hugs:

4. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jun 30, 2010

Big hugs Bonneb!

I deal with the insomnia often. I won't take a sleeping pill after 2 a.m. though. I try to make my routine stick even in the summer because I HAVE to during school. I might take a power nap in the afternoon but not for long, 30 minutes max.

So sorry about the grieving... it's not your family member is it?

5. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jun 30, 2010

:hugs: Insomnia stinks. I don't know what to tell you about packing in a hurry.

6. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jun 30, 2010

Use my clean your room technique. Get big boxes and just throw it all in there. Unpacking is usually more fun anyway.

7. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jul 1, 2010

Thanks everyone.

Blue, that is just what I am going to do today as the cleaners are getting closer and closer to my room! :eek:

Hoot - My DH's best friend died suddenly. He had been missing for several days. Another close friend's father died a week later. My sweet daughter I've adopted for the summer is being harrassed at work - long story there, but she is just a dear and I am so mad about that situation I could scream. I just cannot stand a bully. Also a dear friend from church is on the verge of passing away.

Well a teacher friend told me to get in gear, work 30 min, take a 10 min break, then get back to it. So it is shove-it-all-in-a-box-time now. Thanks everyone.