Ok, don't shoot me...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by kimrandy1, Jul 21, 2011.

1. KLily21

KLily21 Companion

Jul 26, 2011

I feel the exact same way! I need a schedule and the beginning of the school year is so exciting.

I will be SO sad to send my 2 year old daughter back to full time daycare, though. My only comfort is that she thinks daycare is a blast!

2. Doug_HSTeach_07

Doug_HSTeach_07 Comrade

Jul 26, 2011

I am with you guys! I just finished up my summer job on Saturday. Now there is that lull between today and 8/18...what do I do? My graduate courses start on that date, as well as my teaching assignment. I am finding lots of stuff to do on our new house, which is keeping me quite busy! Time to start firing up the school engines again though...

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 26, 2011

Go away somewhere, even if only for a weekend!!! A vacation recharges your batteries and your point of view!

4. Doug_HSTeach_07

Doug_HSTeach_07 Comrade

Jul 26, 2011

Check! Heading to Wisconsin Dells with extended family on Thursday :D

5. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2011

I think I sort of pinpointed it...I miss my peeps! We had a teacher's store pilgrimage yesterday. The closest one is nearly an hour away...I loaded 8 of us into my huge SUV and off we went. After we shopping, we had some happy hour snacks and drinks nearby and then came back home. I'm feeling more settled than I've felt in weeks.

And we're having a going-away happy hour Friday for a teacher who is leaving the school. We didn't know she was leaving in June -hubby transferred sort of suddenly. I'm already looking forward to it.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 26, 2011

My dad always talked about the Wisconsin Dells. I would love to get there someday.

7. MsCTeaches

MsCTeaches Rookie

Jul 26, 2011

I'm not ready at all...ok,maybe just a little bit, but I sure am going to miss getting up at 10 am!

8. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2011

This always makes me chuckle. My parents live about 45 minutes from there, so that is actually one of the places where we go to the movies or out to dinner! We usually take one day a summer to do the 'touristy' stuff: walk downtown, go mini-golfing, go on a boat tour. And a day at Noah's Ark (the biggest waterpark) is always a ton of fun, especially when you can use a coupon!

Doug, if may be heading there, they have some printable coupons for $10 off: http://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/great-deals/

Okay, hijack over!

I can't wait to get back and see everyone and settle back into the routine, but I have too much to get done before school starts--so, I'm 'ready' but not 'prepared.'

9. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 26, 2011

We had a "sneak preview" last week (brand new building) so went in and set up my classroom for parents to see.... then we were not allowed in because they were doing the floors again so we went to the mountains for a few days. Now am ready to go back I think (better be - our official "first day back" is this Friday. Have meetings all day this Friday, for a couple of hours on Monday, Open House is on Wednesday next week and then the kids come on Thursday next week.

10. tb71

tb71 Cohort

Jul 26, 2011

So not ready for school to start but only b/c I'm anticipating all the stress at home that happens with homework and activities.